- To understand God’s plan of salvation
- Tearing the wall of sin down requires the grace of God.
- Our good works do not bring us into the light.
- Everyone must be born again—even Nicodemus!
- Question: What does being “born again” mean?
- The “God of the Second Chance”.
- Jesus proved to be the Son of God through His miracles.
- All His actions were a part of God’s plan for your salvation.
- All of us are responsible for the death of Christ.
- Question: What does it mean to be “cut to the heart”?
- Repentance—a complete change of the mind and heart, a 180-degree turn.
- Sins are forgiven.
- The indwelling of the Holy Spirit is received.
- Buried with Christ at baptism.
- Raised to a new life—i.e. “born again”.
- A participation in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus.
- Died, buried, resurrected
- Dead—because of our sin.
- Burial—buried (immersed) in baptism where the wall of sin is torn down.
- Resurrected—through our faith in the blood of Jesus, we are born again.
1 Peter 3:18-22
Q) When do you want to get baptized?
Other scriptures on Baptism, if needed:
- Colossians 2:11-12
- 1 Peter 3:18-20
- Acts 22:14-16